Sunday, April 16, 2023

Glenhaven Park Revisited - NE Portland - 4.16.23

Back in 2008, Glenhaven Park boasted two delightfully vintage pieces of play equipment: a metal curly slide and a merry-go-round.


Sadly (okay, I might be the only person who's sad), these two features are no more. In 2019, the playground was remodeled, and now we have this in its stead:







Plus some art...



Ahoy! One holdout: a lone chin-up bar, yonder....




This wavy walkway is cool...











This might be the biggest rock wall I've seen at a Portland playground...


All in all, while I'll definitely miss that curly slide, I think this new playground has a nice aesthetic. Every time I've visited, it's been very popular. Finally, one rainy day, the kids stayed away, and I was able to get pictures.

Location: 82nd Ave. & Siskiyou St.

No comments:

Post a Comment