Monday, June 20, 2016

Colonel Summers Park - SE Portland - 4.27.08

Colonel Summers Park



This park has remained virtually unchanged since the early 80's, when I used to frequent it. I think the slide has been replaced, though. And, up until early 2008, it had a monkey-bar type archway thing. Imagine a wooden arch planted into the ground, about six feet high, with foot-long metal bars sticking out on both the left and right sides of it. Imagine children climbing up to the top, then realizing they either have to find a way to turn themselves around, climb down the way they came, backwards, or else go down the other side head-first. Many a-child got stuck at the top. Perhaps that's why they removed it. I am so bummed I never got a picture of it. One week it was there, and the next -- when I brought my camera -- the archway was gone.

Location: SE 17th Ave & Taylor St.




















No comments:

Post a Comment